Sunday, March 23, 2014

Spring is in the Air and I Love It!!

I love spring.  I love looking at all the bright colors, the warm sunny days, and the feeling of coming out of the fog of winter.  We have been extra busy in room 6, and I have lots of projects going on outside of school, so I've not been blogging this year like I use to.  Hopefully that will change, and I will find the time.  I love sharing the things we have made and learned.
Take a look at some of the things we have been doing this month.

I got the idea of this cute little guy off of Pinterest.  I searched for pictures and combined them all to make him.  We are learning about math stories in math, so we did leprechaun stories with pieces of gold.  My leprechaun has ____ pieces of gold, and then he got ______ more. He has _____ pieces of gold in all.  ____+ _____=______.

We are leaning about how things grow and change in kindergarten.  Last week we read the story of the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and learned about the life cycle of a butterfly.  So....kindergarten decided to have all of our K-Crew kids dress up like butterflies for lunch.  Very cute.  

What is March without kites to fly.  We painted kites to hang in the hall.  They also had to come up with a sentence about their kites.  They wrote the words on the bows of the string.  They are so cute and colorful hanging in the hall with Mrs. Kaleigh's Classes rainbows.  

One of the books we read in our Growing and Changing unit is "A House for Hermit Crab".  We talked about how hermit crab's house became snug, like our clothes become snug as we grow. After reading the story we made these adorable handprint hermit crabs.  They glued the friends of hermit crab on his shell.    
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
We loved making these fish bowls out of a paper plate.  The kids took dot painters and painted the rocks on the bottom of the tank, and painted the water.  We cut their hands out of construction paper to make the cute little fish.  So adorable.


Happy Spring
Lisa
K-Crew Kids Rock

No comments:

Post a Comment