Friday, August 10, 2012

A Rockin Preplanning and First Day of Kindergarten in Room 6

We've had a great start to our new year in room 6.  Preplanning and then our first day has flown by with excitement and anticipation for all that we will do and learn this year.  Our new K-Crew kids are awesome and full of energy.  I always love to watch them grow, change and learn as the year progresses.  So much fun.  No other grade can you see so much progress.  I can't wait to blog about all of our adventures.  Hold on, it will be a Rockin Ride.  We are family.....Everybody's learning with me.  (Sing along)


Some of my K-Crew and our assistant principal Valarie Lawson

I'm so excited to welcome Kelly Rogers into my classroom this year.  We are going to make an awesome team.  Since it was our first day of kindergarten together also, I thought we should take a 1st day of kindergarten picture.  All of our K-Crew kids took a picture with the same frame.

Our room 6 door

My pinterest inspired sign with a little extra added.  I love it!  I think it turned out so cute.

My room 6 K-Crew kids sign.  Cute.

Our polka dotted hooks and our Rockin board.

Kindergarten ROCKS at Smith Elementary!

A peek into our classroom.  The look from the door.  This is the first thing you see when you come to the door.  Love it!

Our mailboxes 
Another look into the room.  

And another view.....

Our meeting board/calendar

Our behavior chart.  This is my 3rd year using this system, and I have to say it is my favorite.  My students can move up for good behavior and down for behavior that is not appropriate.  The great thing about this system, is that even if they move their clip down, they always have the opportunity to move the clip back up.

Polka Dotted Clock :-)  
My rock star chair.  I gave it little face lift this summer, and it turned out so cute.

word wall.  We use every inch of our classroom.

Mrs. Ring's class ROCKS!



1 comment: